Thursday, October 10, 2019

Throwback Post August 2016: Learning To Be Fearless

        So this past month in my journey with the Lord, I have discovered that even though I am very bold in my Faith and don't normally ever cringe when I have an opportunity to share what I believe on any topic...I am not "fearless" in all things. And I sincerely believe that this is something that needs to change.

I specifically hang out and rub shoulders with people that I admire and want to be like. The statement is true that we become like those we surround ourselves with. Influence is powerful. Standing alone is hard, but if you can find like minded people who really want to please God with their lives and who strive to be everything He's called them to be... it strengthens you in ways you can't even imagine.

As I sit in our Ladies Bible Study, called JOY4Women, my Faith is strengthened and encouraged as we dig in deep and discover who God really is and what He really is saying to us through Scripture. We serve an Awesome, All Powerful God who has ALREADY defeated ANY darkness we could possibly EVER face...and yet the question looms..."why are we so afraid?"

Why are we so afraid to speak up when we see darkness in this world, or in our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ?
Why are we so afraid to join in with others who are speaking truth? We might think to ourselves, "well good for them" "that's right"...and yet WE don't want to tie our name to something that other people might disagree with EVEN though we KNOW it's Truth?
Why are we so afraid to Speak out Loud about Who God is? Why do we just assume that someone else will tell them?
Why are we so afraid to LIVE EVERY DAY for Jesus? Is it just too hard to do so? Is His grace really NOT enough to help us live a life that is pleasing to Him so we just give up?
Maybe the first question is...Why are we so afraid to REALLY KNOW HIM. Does it scare us because we Know that there are things about ourselves that we like...that will have to change if we really allow ourselves to Know God Well?

There's a lady who is my friend, that attends our Bible Study, and she is fearless in witnessing to people. Her example has caused me to have some deep reflection time with God about how I can better share Him with others. Some would say, "well now, we all do things differently, some people are just quiet and shy and share with their example, and others share more verbally and are more outgoing...we don't have to all share the Gospel the same way"...and that makes sense, until we start looking at God's heart and read what He says to us in the Bible. Then that excuse of  "just do it how you feel you're supposed to", doesn't quite cut it anymore. 

       We have different personalities and there's always the prompting of the Holy Spirit (don't confuse this with your comfort zone) but God doesn't call us to be mice. He is not happy when we shy away and don't share the Gospel because we are scared. He tells us to speak the Truth boldly. And we can't just Live it...we have to Speak it also. Can you imagine if Jesus never talked to anyone? He just went around healing people and doing miracles but never told anyone what He was doing, why He was doing it, and Who He was....would we even know or understand the Gospel today? If we are to be like Him, then it is NOT ENOUGH to be silent and nice. 

This challenge is HUGE...because it requires pretty much "living" outside of my comfort zone. It means that first and foremost I will continue to seek God in all things: all circumstances, all my beliefs will line up with His truth, all opinions that I form will be a reflection of His heart and not my head or fleshly desires...this requires lots of discipline on my part, an intentional act to know Him more daily. To not allow myself to be satisfied with "basic Christianity" but to know Him well.
      It requires me to intentionally LOOK for those opportunities to share Jesus and that means to people everywhere. Not just the easy ones who come to me or an activity that I'm involved in but to the person standing at a checkout line, or to that one who is sitting on a street corner, or anyone else that could be in my path. This means that I need to be more aware of my surroundings and who is needing to hear about God's love. One thing I have learned, is that if we are living and walking with the Lord, we do not have to beg Him for opportunities to share Him with lost people(anyone) ...we just have to simply open our eyes...because those opportunities are all around us.

I want to be fearless. What do we really have to lose? Oh but what do we have to gain?!! I am on this journey and I am scared of what it requires to be fearless lol...but I know that it IS what God requires from His Children. This world will hate us...but SOMEONE just might change their choice of eternity...because one of us...became fearless...and shared LIFE. 

I pray you'll take this journey with me...and for those of you who already live fearless... thank you and...I'm catching up! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Simple Altar of Sacrifice

 Pondering God's mercy today... ya know, He's still the same God as He was in the beginning. I think we forget that sometimes don&#...