Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Joy Nugget: A Safe Place


     "Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.'" Psalms 91:1-2


I love reading God's Word. I have found so many insights when I take time to really study His Word and look into the heart of God. So many times I think we like to take the "nice" passages and highlight those because they make us feel really good. And they should, but I think we can really miss what God is actually saying to us through these scriptures. 
          Like for instance this verse is truly amazing and if we really take a good look at it, we can see clearly what He is telling us.  God not telling us that He is someone we run to only when things are bad and we need a refuge...He's saying that whoever DWELLS with Him will have a refuge and a shelter. 
          It is also so amazing how God speaks to us in common concepts that we should totally get like....you have to be CLOSE to someone in order to be within their shadow now don't you? Interesting isn't it? 
        The bottom line is: God is telling us that we need to dwell with Him, stay close to Him and He will be our refuge and our shelter. Pretty amazing. God doesn't just want to step in at the last minute when it's most convenient for us...but He wants a REAL RELATIONSHIP with us that is close and intimate.  So I guess the real question here is: Are you DWELLING in that safe place or are you still looking for it? You CAN find it sweet friends! He's waiting..

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Simple Altar of Sacrifice

 Pondering God's mercy today... ya know, He's still the same God as He was in the beginning. I think we forget that sometimes don&#...